When it comes to marketing, no channel reigns supreme. Every channel has its strengths and weaknesses, and part of creating relevance is capitalizing on the strengths of each one. For example, email is powerful for flash sales and quick updates, while print has a beauty, longevity, and stopping power that digital channels can’t replicate. Here are some ways to capitalize on the strengths that are unique to print:
- Tap the tactile experience. Integrate tactile media, such as textured surfaces or stocks to engage your audience and create a memorable experience more deeply.
- Use the wonder of printed color. Digital color is beautiful, but nothing replicates the depth and richness of a beautifully printed piece. Take advantage of the vibrant nature of printed color to evoke emotion.
- Add special effects such as coating, die-cuts, and embossing. All computer screens feel the same — smooth and flat. Print offers the opportunity to add physical, tactile embellishments that make your audience want to engage with it over and over again.
- Go dimensional. Whether it’s a piece that pops open into a dimensional shape or a lovely box containing a gift card, use the dimensionality of print to make people feel special. Dimensional mail is excellent for getting past gatekeepers in B2B marketing, too.
- Include product samples, personalized booklets, and other incentives not possible in a digital world. The Global Ad Impressions Study from the Advertising Specialty Institute, for example, consistently finds that people are more likely to purchase from a company that gives them a promotional product, such as a branded bag or mug.
Every marketing channel has its unique benefits, and one does not replace the other. That’s why it’s essential to understand how to capitalize on the unique characteristics of direct mail, marketing collateral, and other print forms. Need to make people feel unique and valued? Nothing does the job like something they can touch and feel.
Dive straight into the feedback!Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly