Print brings emotional engagement in an impersonal digital world.
From shopping to reading, to staying in touch with friends and family, the Internet has changed the way we live. Despite the convenience, however, let’s be honest. “Digital everything, everywhere” gets old sometimes. Let’s look at four reasons people are starting to rediscover the value of print.
1. Give Me a Break!: People desire to take a break from their screens. In a world where we are
constantly connected and bombarded with notifications, your customers are seeking ways to disconnect and recharge. For many, print provides a welcome escape from the constant barrage
of digital noise. It allows them to slow down and engage with material in a more meaningful way, without the distractions of notifications or pop-up ads.
2. The Emotional Value of Tangibility: Print has a tangible, emotional value that digital communications can’t match.
• There’s something special about holding a book or a magazine in your hands, flipping through the pages, and smelling
• Receiving a “thank you” or “get well” card in the mail gives us the warm and fuzzies and makes us feel valued.
• Direct mail pieces that are humorous and engaging often get pinned onto family bulletin boards, and not just because of the offer. Print creates an emotional connection that resonates
in a digital world where material is ephemeral and easily deleted or forgotten.
3. Print Is Trusted: Another reason for the resurgence of print is its perceived reliability. In an era in which cyberattacks, hacking, and data breaches are a regular occurrence, print provides a sense of security and permanence. With print, there is less risk of information being lost or stolen, and it is less likely to be deleted or forgotten.
4. It’s Beautiful: Finally, print has an elegance and beauty that digital communications can’t match. Whether it’s a beautifully designed book or the intricate details of a die-cut mailer, print
offers a level of beauty and creativity that is often lost in the digital world. It allows people to engage with material in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and intellectually stimulating.
When you consider all of these factors, it’s no wonder people are starting to rediscover the value of print. Whether it’s the desire for a break from screen time or to enjoy the emotional connection to material, consumers are finding that there is still a place for print in their digital.
Let’s talk about how we can add the value of print to your next campaign or marketing collateral. Our team is here to help. Contact us online or give us a call directly at 800-942-1066.
Dive straight into the feedback!Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly