Position: Digital Press Operator
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Production and/or Department Coordinator
McClung Companies in Waynesboro, VA is seeking a full-time digital press operator for their exceptional team. The candidate will work in a positive collaborative environment with opportunity for personal and professional growth. McClung has been an award-winning, industry leader in design, print, binding, mailing, fulfillment and web services since 1946. Includes medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacations and more.
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Responsible for communicating with Ricoh Tech, Ordering Supplies, Submitting Meter Readings and MC Management, etc.
• Meeting production needs in a timely manner while maintain quality standards
• Process all digital jobs per specified SOPs
• Support all necessary finishing aspects
• Support monthly digital paper inventory
• Understand and support variable data, related to direct mail applications
• Support other departments as necessary
• Working knowledge of software applications and desire to stay current in technology needed to meet customer expectations
• Become familiar with and follow department SOP’s in production process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Ability to lift and transport materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
• Have a high level of manual dexterity.
• The ability to bend and squat.
• The ability to stand for significant periods of time
• Industry experience, college level work and /or technical training related to industry
• Computer knowledge
• Experience in digital printing and applications to processing of digital work
• Basic Knowledge of mailing
• Knowledge of mailing requirements
• Meet deadlines
• Maintain equipment and perform color calibration
• Preparing jobs for proofs and output
• Operate various bindery equipment, specifically Polar cutters.
• Knowledge of various paper stocks
• Ability to follow directions
• Good Attendance
• Detail Oriented
• Strong Organizational Skills and effective communications
• Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
McClung Companies is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is
the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. McClung Companies prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please refer to our handbook for our updated Drug and Alcohol Use policy.
If you are interested in working for McClung, please send your resume to email@example.com.