Position: Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper
with Payroll and Benefits Experience
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant with payroll and benefits experience to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company, and involved with the payroll processing, payroll systems, benefits management, benefits systems, and support. Previous experience in the role of Staff Account, and experience with payroll processing and benefits support, is required. This is a full-time position. Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
McClung is an innovative commercial printer and marketing services company that provides exceptional value to our clients by combining our expertise in design, print, mail, promotional solutions, and logistics.
We are an employee-owned company that provides expectational benefit packages, retirement programs, and a quality-of-life difference when compared to other employers. At McClung you’re not just an employee, you’re a part of our team and family. McClung provides opportunities that will advance your career and quality of life.
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: President
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of President.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers.
- Bank, credit card reconciliation support.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of budgets.
- Obtain primary financial data for accounting records.
- Compute and record numerical data.
- Check the accuracy of business transactions.
- Perform data entry and administrative duties.
- Daily/Weekly AR and AP support.
- Prepare and enter General Ledger Journal Entries.
- Create intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Able to learn and work in multiple accounting software packages.
- Manage and support payroll processing and payroll processing systems.
- Manage and support benefit plans and benefit management systems.
- Manage and support PTO.
- Facilitate and support vendor provided HR systems, relationships, and resources as needed
and required by management, coordinators, and staff.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years minimum experience .
- Previous experience in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, payroll, benefits or other related fields.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Previous accounting, bookkeeping experience is required.
- Previous experience with payroll processing, payroll platforms, and benefits.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Benefits package includes:
Dental – paid by Employer
Vision – paid by Employer
Short Term Disability – paid by Employer
Life insurance – paid by Employer
Long Term Disability 401(k)
10 Paid holidays Paid Time Off
Flex Spending Account Worksite Benefits
McClung Companies is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti- discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. McClung Companies prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refer to our handbook for our updated Drug and Alcohol Use policy.
If you are interested in working for McClung, please send your resume to email@example.com.