Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: VP of Operations and/or Department Coordinator Summary:
McClung Companies is seeking a Level I Operator to assist and train with a lead operator. The primary goal is to advance to a Level II Operator on various pieces of equipment. The candidate will work in a positive collaborative fast-paced environment with opportunity for personal and professional growth. Available positions for 1st and 2nd shift, with 10% pay differential for 2nd shift. McClung has been an award-winning, industry leader in design, print, binding, mailing, fulfillment and web services since 1946.
Benefits package includes:
Dental – paid by Employer
Vision – paid by Employer
Short Term Disability – paid by Employer
Life insurance – paid by Employer
Long Term Disability
10 Paid holidays
Paid Time Off
Flex Spending Account
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Perform assigned responsibilities as needed to improve and promote overall production and equipment efficiency.
- Assist and operates various equipment.
- Support recycling efforts along with general housekeeping.
- Meeting production needs in a timely manner while maintain quality standards.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following all safety guidelines and model safe work practices.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and reports needed repairs or replacements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift and transport materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Have a high level of manual dexterity.
- The ability to bend and squat.
- The ability to stand for significant periods of time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Production experience preferred but not required.
- Exhibits a professional, positive, and upbeat manner.
- Must be a team player and self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, and display strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good Attendance.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
McClung Companies is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti- discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. McClung Companies prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refer to our handbook for our updated Drug and Alcohol Use policy.
If you are interested in working for McClung, please send your resume to email@example.com.